Elizabeth Jermy (nee Richardson) requested in her will that she be buried in the parish church of East Walton, near the grave of her brother William Lord Richardson Baron of Cramond. However, there does not seem to be a gravestone for her in the chapel. The photographs below are of the monuments of her Richardson ancestors.
Portrait of Sir Thomas Richardson when he was Speaker of the House of Commons in 1620
Sir Thomas Richardson (1569 - 1635), the Chief Justice of England was buried in Westmister Abbey in the south choir aisle. Near his grave a black marble and bronze monument was erected by his son. The bronze bust by Herbert Le Sueur shows him in hat and robes.
The Latin inscription on the bronze plaque can be translated:
|Monument to Thomas Richardson (1627 - 1674), the second Baron Cramond, on the south chancel wall of St Andrew, Honingham
Photo courtesy of Simon Knott. www.norfolkchurches.co.uk
|Engraving of Thomas Richardson's monument, dedicated to the Honourable Mrs Jermy (nee Richardson), in the 1739 edition of Blomfield's History of Norfolk|
|A number of the Richardson family were buried at St Mary, East Walton. The photographs below record their memorials in the chapel. Elizabeth Jermy stipulated in her will that she should be buried close to her brother William Lord Richardson, and according to the parish records she was buried there on 9 August 1751. There does no seem to be a gravestone for her within the chapel, however.|
Click on a thumbnail image to load the full picture.